Sunday, March 22, 2009

Spring Weather/Winter Weather Forecasts Revisited

I think spring has officially sprung and I got this idea not just from looking at the date on the calendar. It was pretty nice outside today and looks like there are a few more on tap this week. There is rain on tap Tuesday evening and Wednesday but the severe weather associated with the passing system looks to stay well south of Indiana.

So let's go back and recap the Winter Weather Forecasts. Hehe, that was a bust on so many levels. The idea of a bookend winter with December and February being the cold months and a warm January didn't pan out at all.

The significant cold snap in January was responsible for two of my four predicted snow days area schools. (Remember that snow days are a generic term for weather related closings in winter.) Depending on which area school you attended, I managed to get one or two additional days due to bad roads/snow. So I guess my prediction of three or four snow days was a pretty good guess and I consider it a success.

Overall we didn't get much snow and while I didn't keep an exact tally, I know we did finish below our seasonal average. Maybe next year will be a banner year for snow. Not much else memorable from this past winter.

Maybe we can have a memorable spring or summer.

No comments: