Thursday, January 31, 2008

Where is the snow?

This will not be a complete bust but the models sure didn't get the storm track right. Everyone kept looking for a NW trend which has been the normal all winter. The models never showed the NW trend so it was thought that pattern had been broken.

Well, no. The NW trend did happen and all too well. That combined with a lot of dry air had made nothing but hit or miss flurries in the area.

The thinking of the professional meteorologists is that we still we see snow. It will come later and with less intensity. I have retreated back to my 4-6" forecast I had yesterday. I think when it is finally done tomorrow afternoon that will be the area's snow depth.

1 comment:

jamie said...

I don't know what you do for a living - but it should involve weather forecasts. I've found, more often then not that you are more on track then the big guys on tv.

I had to log in here to get your take on the snow storm. Keep up the good work! I appreciate your efforts.