Thursday, January 22, 2009

More Uncertainty

Nothing seems very certain for next week other than we will have some kind of weather. *grin* No model agreement and no agreement of any single model from run to run. The good news for me is I do this as a hobby and have no pressure to produce a forecast. The bad news is some people do have to produce forecasts and they are frustrated with no real clear picture.

I do think we won't be as dry as a few of the GFS runs have shown. The question becomes in what form will the moisture fall? Again we seem to be on a rain/snow line and a couple of dozen miles could make a world of difference. I really did think there would be some clear pattern to the weather by this time but I guess the end of the week will come and we won't know anymore than when we started.

On another topic, the warm temperatures did cause some melting today but my roof is still snow covered. I won't be able to change out the weather station battery anytime soon.

Finally, I managed to join Facebook and create a Kokomo-Weather group. Please join!

No comments: