Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Storms Moving East/Northeast

Unlike the recent storms from yesterday ad today which moved in a southeast direction across Indiana, these storms have taken a east/northeast direction. That has kept us pretty much out of the recent barrage of tornado and thunderstorm warnings which have been north of Howard County.

I see a small swath of rain with a little lightning going over the western half of the county. Nothing is building behind it which looks severe or would effect us and I anticipate the existing tornado watch will extend toward into northwestern Ohio and lower Michigan. Our are area will likely be dropped from the watch by 11 PM.

Edit to add: Go figure. I type this and 10 minutes later they amend the watch but keep us in. We are now in the very most bottom of the watch area. I think my 11 PM prediction will still hold up.

No comments: