Friday, February 20, 2009

Nothing Good To Report...

Someone earlier today made a great analogy regarding the models showing snow for days and then at the last minute coming up with a different solution...

It's just like Charlie Brown trying to kick the football. Lucy promises she won't pull it away this time but then she does just like every other time before.


The models backed off on the moisture or moved north. The warm air moved north and will now cause us mixing issues on Saturday. Our air is fairly dry at this point. We are at 76% humidity with a 15 degree dew point. Even when it does start snowing which seems to be going slower than expected, it will take a bit of time to get the lower atmosphere saturated.

I will stand by my first call of 3-4" but I also know I will likely bust high. Just days ago I was hoping to bust low. There are some subtle differences in what was forecast and what is currently happening but I cannot makes heads or tails out of it and predict what will happen. Given I don't expect or see anyone else expecting some overnight magic from these differences, I am not going to wait out the late arrival of the snow.

Have a great night and let's see what the morning brings.

Oh, did I mention there might be another accumulating snow for the end of next week? Maybe Lucy won't pull the football away this time.

No comments: