Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Update: Snowless November - Was it?

Update:  I am going to acknowledge today's snow and place a T in the records book.

The flakes came down pretty good for a bit this afternoon but I didn't see any accumulations to speak (write) of so I am thinking the snowless November prediction remains pretty much in tact.  What did fail was my call for 3/4" to 1" of rain with the system.  About half that amount seems to be what fell.  Oh well...

The weekend clipper is still very undecided on track and the amount of precipitation available.  I don't think my 1" to 2" call of snow is bad one at this time.  I could see us getting missed but am hopeful it doesn't happen.  A lot of model watching is going on and the snow lovers (like me) are really fretting the details on a pretty wimpy system.  I guess knowing December is supposed to be "our month" can make one nervous when things don't look very good right now.

No comments: