Friday, December 18, 2009

Less Snow For Us...

Watching the reports coming today and the warm temperatures, I was afraid the "snow hole" which kept showing up on the models was a fluke. it wasn't. Looks like the snow will wait closer to daylight to start and then will accumulate around an inch.

There is a HECS (Historic East Coast Snowstorm) happening this weekend with snow from the Carolinas to New England. The nations capital will see 12 to 24 inches of snow. What a beast of a storm. (I know several who when on a snow chase and had I not had some work commitments, I likely would have went myself!)

There is a big system brewing for next week which should hit a couple of days before Christmas and move out to the east coast by the weekend. Way to many (goofy) model solutions to even consider what path it will take. Look for a better handle on the storm late this weekend or even as late as Monday.

No comments: