Friday, December 14, 2007

First Look At Weekend Snow Maps

Good Morning Snow Lovers! To be frank, the local NWS office out of Indianapolis is not as aggressive with their snow forecast totals as the northern Indiana office or most of the forecast models. All we can do is wait and see if either NWS office changes or which forecast verifies.

The first two maps show total accumulated snowfalls by Monday morning from the last 2 runs of the NAM forecast model. They show pretty significant totals which I do think are too high but fun none the less. (Of course if 10-12" would verify, I would love it!)

I see a more realistic forecast coming in at 6-8" for our area with less west and south and more east. The next big weather measurement is at 7 AM with the data coming out of the models starting at 9 and ending around 10:30. Expect a lunchtime update.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be checking in to get your take on the weather. I love this blog. Keep it up!

Granny57

Jim said...

Granny - I am glad you like it. I enjoy doing it. Jim