Monday, December 31, 2007

Snow Advisory Remains - Totals Scaled Back

The Snow Advisory remains for us but most of the advisory area got dropped. Only Lafayette to Frankfort to Kokomo remains. (Winter Warnings remain to the north.) The temperatures are not dropping as rapidly as hoped and the storm is going strong but to the north. Some great snowfall rates and accumulations will happen but just not here. The NWS now has us at 1-2" for out storm totals and dropped the chance for snow from 100% to just 60%.

Can you sense my sadness? No big snow was expected and this storm blows up out of virtually nowhere over the past 24 hours and then *POOF* nothing for us. I say phooey!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's getting harder and harder for me believe that the NWS knows what in the hell they are doing.

Jim said...

No fooling. I was not expecting anything form this storm until yesterday evening when it all seemed to come together. Damn weather models playing with my emotions. *GRIN*