Friday, December 14, 2007

Latest Forecast

It looks like the GFS model wants much lower totals. In fact they are almost too low to believe. I think a happy compromise is what is going to happen. However before I give my new total, remember just 17 hours ago I thought 10-12" was too much and no way it will verify. Well, this day brought new totals with each model run and now that is almost a lock to verify.

While anything can (and will) happen, I am suggesting a 12-14" snowfall range. If the heavy banding from the storm does happen over our area, no question we could go higher and might even cross 18" or more. One thing to notice is the sleet line is close to our area around the I-70 area. To get really good snow, you many times need to flirt with the sleet line.

Expect the snow to start early and give us a break during the afternoon. Then more snow and wind for the overnight. I will post updates throughout this storm. Please stay tuned.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what's the latest prediction for this thing? 10-12 inches? Any ice for us? Will they cancel the NW v. Pioneer game tonight?

Jim said...

I think icing will stay south and not be a factor for us. I have heard no mention of it and surface temperatures and the trend doesn't support it happening.

I would suspect sports tonight will be cancelled since the snow is falling at a modest clip now and will be heavier tonight.

The winds are shipping pretty good already at 5-10 MPH in my resedential subdivision.

(Go Tigers!)