Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Blowing & Drifting Snow

There will be blowing and drifting snow for the next 24 hours. Driving conditions will be poor at best overnight and could improve with daylight tomorrow. Today's snowfall amount was less than expected for most. The dry slot and sunshine allowed road crews to do a great job clearing roads before the winds picked up.

An additional inch of snow possible overnight. I wouldn't expect much more than that given the poor history of performance with this system.

I see a lot of schools on delay already for tomorrow but none in Howard County have made a public decision. I would suspect a delay and then the decision on the day a bit later after the road crews have had a chance to be on the roads for a few hours.

The weekend snow event is being given any credence by the NWS offices at this time so I am not going to get my hopes up for additional accumulating snow. Next week however...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But...that being said...there was very high confidence in this system that tricked them. I'm not giving up hope. I know it's a guessing game at best, and sometimes they guess right...sometimes not. Thanks again for this blog!!! I appreciate all that you do!!!

Scott said...

I want to say thanks to, I appreciate having some where to turn when planning my day of plowing, and trying to figure how many guys to call in for the day, keep it up! I still see some hope in the weekend clipper, and can't wait to see what next week has in store!