Sunday, February 7, 2010

[Sunday Noon] Winter Storm Watch Update

This will be out biggest storm of the season. The Winter Storm Watch continues and I fully expect a Winter Storm Warning being issued this afternoon from the NWS. No question we meet Winter Storm Watch criteria with this system.

Snow could begin as early as Monday evening with the intensity increasing after midnight. Moderate t heavy snow for 24 to 26 hours very likely. Strong winds on the backside of the low will cause considerable blowing and drifting through Wednesday.

Snow accumulations could range from 5 to 9 inches around Howard County. Drifts over 2 feet likely in rural areas. This system is loaded with moisture.


Be prepared for a couple days at home this week. Schools will likely be closed Tuesday & Wednesday and possibly even Thursday. Yeah, it will be a mess!

This storm could redeem winter and there could be even more after this...

7 comments:

Michael Hickey said...

You gotta stop calling for closed schools! I'm convinced that's what jinxes you!

tripletma said...

great. I'm supposed to go to Connersville on Mon/Tues. for a funeral.

Anonymous said...

i think your still being conservative on your snow amounts...

Scott said...

Just gave the plow truck a bath, I'm convinced that locked in the last one, and I'm leaning more toward the 9 inch side of things, and I agree with Anonymous, I think it could be more....

Todd and Amy Miller said...

This is killing me. It is girls sectional week...I don't need this! Jim-can you change it for me? Thanks. :)

Jim said...

Sorry Coach, it won't be pretty this week. I also kinda chuckled when Dan rescheduled stuff from Saturday to this week. Poor him...

Anonymous said...

i believe NWS is saying 6-9"+ for a line muncie-noblesville-zionsville north