Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Still Holding With My Call...

I know it goes against the group think but I am still going to hold with call of 2-4" right now. The models were not as bullish today and that makes me a tad bit nervous with the much higher calls made by others.

We are really at the front end of the storm. There are no winter storm watches to our west. It only makes sense that the better snow might start just a bit more east leaving us without the heavier snow totals.

I also find it interesting the timing of the snow has moved up. A couple of days ago I was pretty sure there would be no chance for schools declaring a snow day. Now the snow is coming a bit quicker preceded by a small amount of freezing rain. The freezing rain should fall from a little after midnight through the start of school and then a change over to all snow. Accumulations now appear to be near 2 inches by the middle of afternoon if you believe the NWS totals and timing. That might create a delay then cancel scenario like we had a couple of weeks ago.

I will be up late and will post another update once the models run and I can see some results. I hope they come in with a bit more juice than the previous could of runs. If not, my low end call might stand for another forecast cycle.

7 comments:

Scott said...

Just watched Brian on Fox59, yuck, the NWS is looking much better than his "in house computer model", they are miles apart!

Jim said...

No fooling on Fox59's low ball. I assume you watched the weather briefing on the NWS IND website.

Anonymous said...

i did. why is 59 so low?

Scott said...

Yeah, I watched the NWS briefing and saw their updated forecast discussion they issued at 9:58, I'm not going to drink any of Brian's Kool-Aid, sorry I'll always lean towards NWS rather than FOX, getting ready to watch Chris on WTHR, he sounds a lot more promising so far, we'll see....

Anonymous said...

that blows my mind they are the only ones with that low amounts....maybe they didnt finish downloading thier new information..lol

Jim said...

I am rather curious why Fox59 is low too but I guess they could be cautious like me with their forecast.

Scott said...

I guess with everything that's out there with all the different models, and the moisture that's showing up, if you go low, you almost can't be wrong, Brian gets to keep his job! Chris Wright is calling for almost all snow, 4-6 inches, with amounts up to 8 inches, and we're well within his snow map! Heavy wet snow too!